9:00 – 5:00 PM
There are a number of places we will visit and they are all optional. Most have an admission but the driving tour package includes the admission and if you did not drive a DeLorean or want to take the bus we will have a bus to go from location to location.* If you do not have a DeLorean Driving Tour pass you will not be able to enter these facilities or will be required to pay the regular admission.
As of this point we have the following:
- Packard Museum. John DeLorean worked for Packard and this is the only actual showroom and shop that is still occupied by Packard. The museum has many rare restored Packards for you to enjoy. It is located about a mile and a half north of the hotel. http://www.americaspackardmuseum.org/ We will have special hours so ignore the hours of operation.
- (tentative) Taj Ma Garaj. Due to the recent passing of the owner this event is still tentative. The garage has a collection of mainly Porsches and Volkswagens including a wrought Iron VW. The facility is used for auto restoration and banquets and includes many nostalgic items like gas pumps, video games, tools, bikes etc. http://www.tajmagaraj.com/ Again if we end up being able to do this venue there will be special hours. Located two blocks from the Packard Museum you will just walk from one to the other.
- Caroline Park. The park is about a quarter mile from the Hotel. This can take you an hour or this can take you all day to go through. There is much Dayton history including one of the actual Wright Brothers airplanes on site. If you like Plains, train and automobiles and of course bikes and old machinery this place has it all plus some of Dayton’s old historic homes that were saved and preserved on this site including the Dayton Clocktower. There is even an old still operational carrousel http://www.daytonhistory.org/ Admission will be included in your pass but if you go on your own the full rates apply.
- Bladboys Muscle Cars. Now here is a chance to see some vintage cars, muscle cars and modern cars all being restored and made available for sale. This is a restoration and sales company and you are welcome to come and view the cars. This is only available for Driving Tour pass people only. Expect to spend between a half hour and and hour and a half here depending on how detailed you want to look at the cars. Last time I went they had three Carol Shelby 500GT Mustang convertibles. They are a little out of the way but only about a mile and a half from the hotel.
- European Car Collection. About a mile from Bladboys and 2 miles from the Marriott is a Porsche and exotic car repair shop. But what makes this place unique is that the owner has a vast collection of European sports cars. He has invited us to view his showroom, Shop and his stash of cars. There are about 40 cars in this collection and it will take you about a half hour to tour this facility. again you need a DeLorean Car Show Driving tour Pass to view these cars.
- US Air Force Museum. This place is so big many of you will opt to go back there for at least part of the day. The museum is about a half hour away from the hotel by the time you get parked and into the museum.
5:00 PM -6:30 PM We will have one or two guest speakers TBD
6:30 – 7:00 Dinner
7:00 – 7:30 Bob Gale and the BTTF Cast and Crew
will answer any BTTF Questions and they will of course be entertaining as usual.
7:30-8:00 Jeff Synor and Chris Duval “The Pogs”
They have been to the show before but the information they have over the years is tremendous. Again they will be talking about the QA program here in the US.
8:30 -9:00** Nick Sutton
Nick has been with us a few times but after the release of his book we have had numerous requests to bring him back. In Florida he gave us a better insight into the operations of Delorean Motor Company and will be here again to do the same.